Sunday, November 4, 2007

Nov 4 set the time back.

Sunday Morning Musing


November is here, another year soon to be a part of the past. The nights are getting cold the days are getting shorter, just as it should be.

As I am changing the time on clocks this morning, I wonder why they ,(whoever they is) decided to stretch it out by 1 week this year.

Is it really going to save electricity? Would someone mind explaining how that could be.

My Mother always said it was so they could have more time to play golf after work. I am more apt to believe that.
But while they were getting in an extra hour of golf, the kids were catching the school bus in the dark.

Speaking of my Mother she had a birthday last Sunday Oct 28, she would have been 94. She has been gone for 14 years.

This is the time of the year when you are suppose to change smoke detector batteries too.

I changed my batteries in the middle of the night about 2 weeks ago.

I have five, one of them decided the battery was low at 3 A:M: from my bedroom it sounded like the one in the hall. Of course I can't reach it, so I drag a chair from the dinning room, take the battery out, go back to bed.

Again with damn, beep-- beep-- beep.

So it must be the one in the utility room, repeat, dragging the chair, removing the battery, this time I wait. No beep----beep, back to bed.

Again with the damn beeping . This time I take all the remaining batteries out. Back to bed, quiet at last.

Then I begin to worry, no active smoke detectors, @@#$.
This requires digging in the junk drawer to find a battery. No batteries, so I take a battery out of the kitchen clock, problem solved.

Next day I bought 12 batteries at the $ store. All smoke detectors and clocks have new batteries.

No more damn beeping until next spring, unless of course I leave a pan on the stove while I just go check my email.

No comments:

Post a Comment