Friday, June 22, 2007

The Broken Bookcase

My dear friend Margie called on Wednesday eve with one of her brilliant ideas.

Janet, she says, do you think
we can shorten my bookcase.

Margie recently had a wall a/c installed, now Margie likes her house just so-so.

I don't like where it's at, she says, I want it to set under the a/c, and it's too tall, .
We discussed the fact that it would probably not be very stable.
I still want to try, she says.




So the next afternoon we proceeded to cut that thing apart.
I took my trusty new jig saw and we cut the bottom off up to to first shelf... Sure enough it worked.
So I helped her move it back into place we patted our selves on the back and departed.
Later that evening my friend Margie called laughing her ass off. I was just dusting it, she says, & it collapsed
.

But I think we can put it back together though, she says.

Friday, we took that bookcase apart and rebuilt that sucker, I must say it is stronger now than it was in the beginning. Pretty proud of our selves, Margie is 76 and I am in my late 60's.

Margie and I discovered a long time ago that we can accomplish anything if we put our minds to it.
It is now Saturday morning, I haven't heard anymore about the bookcase, so that
case is closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment