Monday, July 14, 2008

Winding down.


Mary has been consistently been lowering her price at the shop since she decided to close. For the first couple weeks she had everything at 20% off, sale were kind of normal, then she lowered it to 30% off, sales picked up, fabric, books & patterns started moving faster than ever before.


Then this past Saturday Mary ran an ad offering 40% off of everything, she called me Friday night to ask if I could work all day, she thought she might have a busy day.

Wrong, she had a unbelievable day, we cut more fabric in one day than she had in the past2 weeks.

I wish I had remembered to take my camera, although I wouldn't have had time to use it.

The first 3 women in the door had driven 3 hours to come to the sale, they were still there hours later. They went to lunch, then came back to buy more, they even brought me lunch, and wouldn't let me pay them.

I am here to tell you, quilters are just the most generous, patient, nicest people there are.

Ladies had bolts of fabric stacked 4' high, and waited in line 2 hours to have it measured, I cut and Mary checked them out. We were running in high speed all day, but no one seemed to be in a hurry.

A few even volunteered to work just to help out, not because they were in hurry. Some of the customers were there so long they made new friends, exchanged email address, etc.


Mary and I just looked at each other at the end of the day and laughed, we were so exhausted. This sale will last 1 week then it will go to 50 % off. I am going to be getting in quite afew hours in the next couple weeks. So don't be surprised if I am not around for a few days.

Happy Quilting!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you really will be a busy girl. Just don't forget to take good care of yourself even if you're working hard!

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete