Monday, December 1, 2008

What happened to Boardwalk?

I had a wonderful time with my family at home for Thanksgiving. They have all gone, the house is empty, the temporary beds have been deflated, the laundry is done, the leftovers have been taken care of. We are left with memories of another Thanksgiving come and gone. This will be the Thanksgiving we remember Sandra trying to make gravy with powdered sugar. OOPS.






We always play games after dinner , Monopoly was this years choice. Before the game was laid out , jokingly I said, I suppose "now a days" they play with credit.






Sure enough, everyone gets a different color credit card to use for purchasing property and paying rent. Jessica was the banker with the eltronic device that keeps track of everyones credit and debits. Boardwalk is gone, then names on the properties have all been changed, the rent now is 500 K , instead of $50.00 the utilities have been chaged to cell phone and cabel co. the railroads have been replaced with airports. Luckily Grandma didn't land on any property worth having and I was able to get out of the game early.










Happy Quilting!



4 comments:

  1. Wow - now that is the sign of the times isn't it?

    Had to laugh about the sugar gravy...years ago I failed miserably making a Christmas Log...and I made the icing with salt instead of sugar! YUK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey ~ I thought the gravy wasn't bad. Too rich, maybe. But it was edible. I think I may have stumbled onto something!

    I just read an email from one of my clients who said this year she finally perfected making her husband's mother's chocolate gravy.

    I say ick. But, to each her own, I guess.

    I used to dislike Monopoly (too many years of my brother Marty bullying me into selling off all my properties to him so he could beat me) then I learned to tolerate it for my son's sake as it was a great tool for teaching him how to count and keep track of money. But now, with the use of CREDIT instead of CASH and the insistent beep-beep-beeeeeeeep-beeeeeeeeping of the blasted machine, I'm out and happy to go on record to say I HATE MONOPOLY.

    Thanksgiving, though. That's my favorite. Miss you already, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not like the new monopoly. I'm too vintage. I want the original!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, they really have changed the game! Couldn't people really use a game that would teach them how to get by without charging? --if that is even possible anymore!

    ReplyDelete