Thursday, March 20, 2008

Summer's Basket

Aren't these sunflower cornerstones the greatest, I just love em, they are the only part of the quilt that is not preprinted. Yesterday I finished putting the top together for the shop sample quilt.

Mary was in a hurry for this one as she is just going to be display the top.

When I get it back I will be doing some hand work on it, maybe the buttonhole stitch around the sunflowers, but definitely a fun one for hand quilting. There are so few seams to encounter, even the diagonal squares in the first border are preprinted.

I will be dropping this off at the shop today, Mary said when I bring this one back she will load me up with several new projects.
Always fun to be the first to use a new pattern or sew with the latest fabric. So stay tuned I should have some new things to share.

I seem to have lost interest for the time being in the Civil War blocks, I have only made 16 of them, but if I never get back to them I do have enough for a wall hanging.

I had been staying busy with finishing UFO's prior to getting the flu. Which I am still recovering from, I just can't get my energy back, but I do feel a lot better.
Spring is just around the corner and today the sun is shinning brightly, always a good feeling.



Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

  1. It definitely looks like sunshine---

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I want one just like it. Have her send me the kit! HA HA! You know that is my kind of project. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so sunny and cheery!
    We have the flu at our house now too. I know what you mean about the energy thing, I am just soooooo tired all of the time. GRRRR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh..I love the way it turned out. I am going to hunt down these fabrics. My children have been asking for something to quilt on and this would be a fun one to let them work on since there are very few seams.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete