Saturday, January 26, 2008

A Day off & Friday Crumbs

After having a couple weeks of intense sewing for the quilt shop, I took the day off and played with crumbs.

No pattern to follow, no instructions to read, and no color selections to worry about. I have been wanting to try this crumb quilt blocks ever since I discovered
Bonnie's Crumb Quilts.
In just a short time I had a bunch of 3 1/2" blocks made, how fun. I'll never throw another crumb away.

Yesterday while I was in the sewing room playing with my crumbs, an anonymous good samaritan came and shoveled the snow out of my driveway and cleared the front walk.
What a nice surprise. I did tear myself away long enough to make a much needed trip to the grocery store. We are expecting another snow storm to come through today. At least the snow brought along with it warmer temperatures, this mornings low was 18 instead of the 5 it has been.

As I sew, I listen to talk radio, yesterday they were talking about time to plant seeds for the garden. As much as I enjoy spring and the garden coming to life, I am dreading all the labor that goes with it.

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment