Friday, January 18, 2008

A little of This & That




Yesterday morning I completed this little 14" square appliqued quilt for the quilt shop. It is made using a charm pack "At Waters Edge" by Moda.


The shop has only been open a month or so, I was lucky enough to be one of her first customers. We just hit it off right away, of course quilters do that. With in few days of the shop being open, Mary ask me if I would be interested in sewing samples for her.

We struck a deal that we are both very pleased with. Mary told me yesterday that the patterns that I have sewn samples of are flying out the door.
This darling little shop is only 5 blocks from my house, I don't even need to stop at a stop sign to get there.


The shop had there first class yesterday afternoon, I ask to sit in.
Sandi Moore, a seasoned teacher, was teaching a free scrappy tote bag class. I wanted to watch her teaching style, Sandi is also a retired school teacher, a real fun person to be around.

I am not sure I have any teaching skills, but I guess I will be finding out real soon.

Mary has me scheduled next Tuesday to teach a class on making placemats. It will also be a free class. It will be my first teaching experience so I am a little nervous about it.
I will also post my technique here next week, for a no binding placemat, be sure and check back.

2 comments:

  1. I am sooo sorry I have been a bad commentator lately.. not intentional... I'll bet you'll be a natural teacher!!! This almost seems like one of those
    "serendipity/karma" kinda things happening for your life .... you are being given what your "mind has desired". Go with it Janet, enjoy and don't be afraid of where this will will take you! Your work is beautiful and I know you have a lot to share...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relax, have fun and remember: the knowledge you have is a gift they have yet to receive. Just enjoy being the one to bless them with it.

    You are a great teacher, Mom. I ought to know. Every creative gift I have I received from watching you.

    ReplyDelete