Saturday, January 19, 2008

Quilt Show Today


Today I went Nampa's first quilt show fund raiser, proceeds will go to benefit The Pix Theater restoration project, the theater was built in 1946.
It was a small show, about 80 quilts in all, and about 10 vendors, but it was packed with people. I took my camera along but was only able to get a few photos.
I thought this was a cute quilt, "jeramiah was a bull frog" applique.


Then this quilt really impressed me. It was tribute to the quiltmakers grandmother.
The pink represents the aprons she always wore, then the quiltmaker placed her grandmothers collection of hankies in each apron. There were two photos in the quilt of her grandmother one at the age of 80 and one at the age of 21. It was hand quilter and very well done. I think her grandmother would have been very proud.


Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that tribute quilt is so inspiring! A large part of the reason I quilt is my own quilt-making, apron-wearing, handkerchief-collecting grandma. I miss her.

    Thanks for posting the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful quilt. I remember my Grandma's hankies. Sweet memories! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete