Thursday, January 10, 2008

ittsy bittsy pieces

Yesterday I just wanted to play.

Every once in awhile you want to make something you can finish in one day.

I set my featherweight up on the dinning room table away from the quilting room and turned on the TV.

The block for this 14" X 14" wall hanging is called "Rolling Stones", set together with paper pieced "Flying Geese". I used ittsy bittsy pieces left over from the French Roses

The news called yesterday a "snow day", I guess it was the first time the schools have been closed here because of snow since 1993.

The roads at least for the first half of the day were very treacherous, I was happy to stay home and play with my ittsy bittsy pieces, and my featherweight.
Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

  1. How charming!

    And isn't it fun to go back to the FW. Bells and whistles are great, but there's something comforting about these trusty friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flying Geese are one of my favorite blocks---Tiny ones at that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely little project! I really like your French roses quilt, just beautiful!! I can't remember having a day off from school because of the snow. It never snows hard enough!

    ReplyDelete