Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sunday Morning Musing

I woke up this morning to snow, only a few inches nothing like some parts of the country are getting. The world always looks so clean with the fresh snow.
On the news I hear of places where the power is off for long periods of time and I wonder what I would do if it happened here. I should get prepared for such things.
I think I have a flashlight somewhere.

I took the day off from quilting yesterday, went to "lunch" with Jean and Marge. They have been accusing me of become reclusive. I did have a good time with lots of laughs.

Today it is back to quilting, I have the borders on the
French Roses it is pin basted, ready for free motion quilting. I will work on it most of the day.

It is always necessary to take breaks when machine quilting so I will be making a few phone calls today, probably an hour each. I stay in touch with my quilting friends Marilyn and Mary Ann from Carson Wa. They are two of the most talented quilters I have ever met, I learned a lot from them. I miss our Tuesday evening get together.

When I cleaned my fabric stash closet I found so many UFO's, that I hate to think about them. At first I didn't want to make a list, that would mean I couldn't hide from them any longer.


But I have been working on the list, so far I have 12 listed. So if I do one a month I could have them all finished by the end of the year. That will be my 2008 challenge.

Coffee break is over time to get started.
Happy Quilting.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the French Roses done. I have a pattern sent to me by Nadine that looks similar. It is on my list for 2008 and will go to my Mother in law. It is called Bloomin Rose. I have never done machine applique of any kind and figure this would be the place to start.
    I don't know what we would do if the power went out for more than a few hours either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you used to live in WA? We have recently moved away and I experience the loss of several of my friends too. It's just not the same as "physically" seeing them. Sounds like a plan to do a UFO a month. Don't list to many right now no matter how many you have. It may put pressure on that you don't want LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a challenge...one UFO a month! Good luck, please show us the results! I love seeing the French roses quilt growing...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete