Friday, January 11, 2008

New Shop Fabric, Requires New Quilt

Stopped in the quilt Shop yesterday to see whats new. This was:




As you know I am sewing sample quilts for the new quilt shop in town "All About Quilts". I brought home 3 new projects to make. The above fabric will be used for a whole cloth quilt with 2 borders, the stripe, being the outside border. Love that stripe fabric, WOW.

And I have been dying to get my hands on one of these Jelly Rolls.




There is suppose to be enough fabric in one jelly roll to make all three tops in this "Three for Tea" pattern.

But I am going to use the jelly roll to make the table topper and the tote. I think I will even try the scalloped border on the table topper. It requires binding cut on the bias, shouldn't be to difficult. I should have enough to keep me busy over the week end.


2 comments:

  1. I'm totally in love with anything by Fig Tree quilts. Great bag pattern. Try it and let me know how hard it was... Was the shop close to home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a nice selection of fabric there, and that Jelly Roll is just scrumptious! A friend of mine just made a log cabin quilt from a Jelly Roll. She just cut the strips in half lengthwise and claims it was done in no time at all. Not sure about that, but I'm on the lookout for a Jelly Roll of my own ;-)

    ReplyDelete